#1 2014-04-04 04:19:47

Weasel
Website

FYI: Bisounours Party (v5) server on Linux, as of April 2014

Typical SRCDS-on-Linux installation stuff:

• - Create a Linux user with a home directory (example: "game-service-account" with home directory "/home/game-service-account").

• - Download and install SteamCMD under that user.

• - Create an installation folder (example: "/home/game-service-account/bp-server")

• - use SteamCMD to install SRCDS with AppID 310 into that folder (example below) <--- As of (at least) 2014-04-03 this now works and now includes Linux binaries!

cd ~/steamcmd;
    /steamcmd.sh +login anonymous +force_install_dir /home/game-service-account/bp-server +app_update 310 validate +quit;

Modified Bisounours Party installation stuff:

• - Change into the "installation folder" above (example: "cd /home/game-service-account/bp-server")

• - Download the Bisounours Party server distribution (example below)

wget http://www.bisounoursparty.com/bisounoursparty_dedicated.tar.bz2
  • - Extract the Bisounours Party server distribution (example below)

tar -xjvf bisounoursparty_dedicated.tar.bz2 
  • - Note The sub-folder named "orangebox" does not exist any more, and is no longer relevant with this latest SRCDS distribution from SteamCMD.

More typical SRCDS-on-Linux stuff:

• - Setup your "autoexec.cfg", "server.cfg" configuration files as any other SRCDS server.

• - Be sure to use "-game bpr" in the srcds_run command-line to start the server!

Connect to Weasel's BPr Server!

b_560_95_1.png

Last edited by Weasel (2014-04-04 07:48:25)

#2 2014-04-04 07:23:42

Weasel
Website

Re: FYI: Bisounours Party (v5) server on Linux, as of April 2014

Correction: Do not need to re-name that folder from "bpr" to "bisou" to match the client-side configuration.  It may just have been a messed-up client-side issue related to the machine was using for testing.

I did another client installation (from scratch) on another machine, and it's using "bpr".

Last edited by Weasel (2014-04-04 07:48:55)

#3 2018-10-02 05:16:31

Weasel
Website

Re: FYI: Bisounours Party (v5) server on Linux, as of April 2014

Just an update, that I have a (linux) BPr server up again, running version 5107 ...

162.248.90.131:6403

I had to set it to VAC "insecure" mode.
In "secure" mode, it kept kicking my client off after a while.

Can't really tell if its working properly otherwise (yet), so far no more than 1 player on at a time.

Board footer