#1 2013-10-01 20:27:45

Beton

A little problem with connecting to the server

Well, my friend and i decided to play togheter, but when i try to connect to his server, it just goes back to the menu after a second. No errors, notifications, etc. Only menu. I checked my updater, it says my BP is updated. I already tried to reinstall once and it didint work

PS. Am i supposed to see any servers on the server list? Or no one is hosting atm?

Last edited by Beton (2013-10-01 20:38:16)

#2 2013-10-01 20:57:04

Azatoth

Re: A little problem with connecting to the server

Hi, I'm his friend.
To be more specific, the server is up-to-date (build 5106) and the only lines I can see in the consoles concerning his problem are:

Client "beton" connected (IP:port)
Dropped beton from server (Disconnect by user)

and he says there are no messages displayed on his end, whatsoever.

#3 2013-10-01 21:04:46

Shepard
Mieux que vous

Are you using a dedicated server or one of you is the host and the other is the client ?

Try to check if something doesn't block BP (firewall for example), are you connected through LAN or are you using a VPN software like Hamachi ?

Last edited by Shepard (2013-10-01 21:05:44)

Il y a t-il un rapport entre Pedobears et Chuck Norris ?

#4 2013-10-01 21:06:26

Orygin
Pas facile de rouler et debug en même temps
Website

Hi.
Could you please verify the folder the game is installed in is named bpr ?
This problem can happen if the client finds a mismatch between the server folder name and yours. Unfortunately Source does not display an error message for it outside console.

If both of your folders are named bpr, could you please activate the console (-console in launch options) and paste what is displayed there ?

By the way, do you both not see servers in game ? There are already some hosted. Do you have any firewall that would block hl2.exe ? Do you see servers when using the steam server browser ?

#5 2013-10-01 23:24:24

Azatoth

Orygin wrote:

Could you please verify the folder the game is installed in is named bpr ?

It is. I don't know about beton's though.

Orygin wrote:

This problem can happen if the client finds a mismatch between the server folder name and yours. Unfortunately Source does not display an error message for it outside console.

That's good to know, thanks.

Orygin wrote:

If both of your folders are named bpr, could you please activate the console (-console in launch options) and paste what is displayed there ?

http://pastebin.com/fGuk9bz5

Orygin wrote:

By the way, do you both not see servers in game ? There are already some hosted. Do you have any firewall that would block hl2.exe ? Do you see servers when using the steam server browser ?

At first we didn't see any servers in the list and that's why I tried hosting my own until people come playing the mod (as usual). By then we could only see them through Steam servers browser. Then he told me he could see them in-game and when I checked it out, I could only see the one he was playing on.
And no, both Windows and my router's firewalls are properly set up.

Shepard wrote:

are you using a VPN software like Hamachi ?

Les kikoo-lol font bien assez chier avec ce logiciel de merde. "say koi 1 port? koment je louvre? osef pren hamachi! l'ip c 5.69.69.69 lol xD"

Last edited by Azatoth (2013-10-01 23:40:26)

#6 2013-10-02 17:12:11

Beton

Well it's already working for me. Im not sure what was the cause

#7 2013-10-02 18:19:55

DiFFtY
c koi 1 bone

Azatoth wrote:
Shepard wrote:

Les kikoo-lol font bien assez chier avec ce logiciel de merde. "say koi 1 port? koment je louvre? osef pren hamachi! l'ip c 5.69.69.69 lol xD"

Well, this stuff kept BP playable online for the past few years, so this software is not this bad.

#8 2013-10-02 18:27:35

Orygin
Website

DiFFtY wrote:
Azatoth wrote:
Shepard wrote:

Well, this stuff kept BP playable online for the past few years, so this software is not this bad.

And it's quite useful when your router decides to play games with ports, ip and stuff like that.

#9 2013-10-02 18:39:22

DiFFtY
c koi 1 bone

Orygin wrote:
DiFFtY wrote:
Azatoth wrote:

And it's quite useful when your router decides to play games with ports, ip and stuff like that.

Yes, because belgian routers actually play games.

ROUTERS DO HAVE SOULS

#10 2013-10-02 18:47:54

Orygin
Website

Your french routers don't have souls ? That must be why most of you can't watch Youtube videos without suturing ?

Board footer